Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV)
The Housing Authority of the Township of Brick (HATB) administers a Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program, which is funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide rental subsidy to very low-income families, the elderly and the disabled persons who wish to live in privately owned housing and receive rental assistance.
An eligible applicant is issued a voucher in an amount determined by income and family composition. Privately owned housing must meet Housing Quality Standards (HQS) to ensure the health and safety of program participants.
The Housing Authority of the Township of Brick (HATB) currently administers about 120 vouchers.
HCV’s are portable, meaning a participant may move anywhere within the United States or its territories and continue to receive assistance, provided that there is Housing Authority in the respective area accepting vouchers.
In order to participate in the HCV Program, the landlord and the participant must comply with certain HUD regulations.
More information on the HCV Program is available at HUD’s website.
Portability - Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program
“Portability” is defined as the ability for a housing choice voucher holder to move from the jurisdiction of its current housing authority to the jurisdiction of another housing authority operating a Housing Choice Voucher program.
Housing choice voucher holders who desire to move under portability to Brick, New Jersey, must contact their current housing authority, and:
- Inform your current housing authority of your interest in porting out to The Housing Authority of the Township of Brick (HATB).
- Inform your current housing authority of HATB's jurisdiction.
- Inform your current housing authority that HATB only administers portable vouchers and DOES NOT ABSORB.
- Ask your current housing authority if you are eligible to port out.
- Once eligibility is determined, then you should request that your housing authority prepare your portability packet.
Portability packets may be forwarded as follows:
Mail: Housing Authority of the Township of Brick
Ginger Meagher Section 8 Coordinator
165 Chambers Bridge Rd.
Brick, NJ 08723
Fax: Attention-Section 8 Department at 732-920-7604
- Keep in contact with your current housing authority to verify the date your portability packet was forwarded to HATB.
- When you receive verification from your current housing authority, you shall then contact the HATB HCV Department at 732-920-9400, for confirmation that HATB received your packet.
The waiting list for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is currently closed.