Portability - Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program
“Portability” is defined as the ability for a housing choice voucher holder to move from the jurisdiction of its current housing authority to the jurisdiction of another housing authority operating a Housing Choice Voucher program.
Housing choice voucher holders who desire to move under portability to Brick, New Jersey, must contact their current housing authority, and:
- Inform your current housing authority of your interest in porting out to The Housing Authority of the Township of Brick (HATB).
- Inform your current housing authority of HATB's jurisdiction.
- Inform your current housing authority that HATB only administers portable vouchers and DOES NOT ABSORB.
- Ask your current housing authority if you are eligible to port out?
- Once eligibility is determined, then you should request that your housing authority prepare your portability packet.
Portability packets may be forwarded as follows:
Mail: Housing Authority of the Township of Brick
Ginger Meagher Section 8 Coordinator
165 Chambers Bridge Rd.
Brick, NJ 08723
Fax: Attention-Section 8 Department at 732-920-7604
Keep in contact with your current housing authority to verify the date your portability packet was forwarded to HATB.
When you receive verification from your current housing authority, you shall then contact the HATB HCV Department at 732-920-9400, for confirmation that HATB received your packet.